We are excited to announce the appointment of members to both our Evaluation Advisory Group and our Panel of Evaluators. Both groups will be central to shaping our approach to evaluation and the production of high-quality evidence on what works in children’s social care.
Evaluation Advisory Group
Members of our Evaluation Advisory Group (EAG) are highly accomplished individuals with a wide range of expertise, reflecting the diversity of research methodologies that the Centre is likely to make use of in the coming years, and the experience to understand the realities and complexities of research in children’s social care:
- Danielle Mason (Director of Education, Royal Society of Arts)
- Kelsey Beninger (Associate Director, Kantar Public)
- Nick Axford (PenCLAHRC Associate Professor, University of Plymouth; Senior Associate, Dartington Service Design Lab)
- Paul Montgomery (Professor Social Intervention, University of Birmingham; Affiliate Professor, University of Malta)
- Riikka Hofmann (Lecturer in Education, University of Cambridge)
- Stephen Morris (Professor of Evaluation & Deputy Director Centre for Research in the Applied Social Sciences, Manchester Metropolitan University)
- Triin Edovald (Head of International Programmes, Education Endowment Foundation; Principal Researcher, Innovation Growth Lab, Nesta)
The EAG will offer independent expert advice and reflections on the Centre’s current and prospective evaluations, methodologies and procedures, and help develop the Centre’s evaluation guidance.
As a first order of business, a number of the members of the EAG have provided their expert recommendations regarding the selection of organisations to join the Panel of Evaluators, which we are also delighted to be able to announce below.
Panel of Evaluators
The Panel of Evaluators consists of organisations with a proven track record of delivering high-quality evaluations. We are proud to announce that the following esteemed organisations have just been appointed to our Panel:
- Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families
- CASCADE, Cardiff University
- Centre for Evidence and Implementation
- Community and Primary Care Research Group, University of Plymouth
- Health and Social Care Workforce Unit (HSCWRU), King’s College London
- Institute of Applied Social Research, University of Bedfordshire
- Institute of Employment Studies
- Ipsos MORI
- National Institute for Economic and Social Research (NIESR)
- Nottingham Centre for Children, Young People and Families
- Policy Evaluation Research Unit at Manchester Metropolitan University
- Rees Centre, University of Oxford
- The Right To Know (The RTK)
- University of Sussex
Panel members will be invited to apply to conduct independent evaluations of promising projects funded by the Centre, or which have been identified in partnership with other organisations.
We are very much looking forward to collaborating with members of each of these groups and we will be announcing our first project very soon!