Explore the latest in evidence-based children’s social care with our podcast series
The What Works for Children’s Social Care podcast brings you the latest on evidence-based practice to improve outcomes for children, young people and families.
In each episode we discuss different interventions, what the evidence says about their effectiveness, and what this means for people working with and for children and young people who have a social worker. We hear from academics, senior leaders and social workers.
If you’d like to get involved please contact us.
- Devolved Budgets – discussing discretionary spending by social workers in children’s social care – 30 April 2020
- Care Experienced Children in Higher Education – 23 June 2020
- Special Edition – in conversation with Dr Peter Sidebotham about the new Child Safeguarding Practice Review Panel report – 17 July 2020
Government guidelines around social distancing have forced us all to change how we live and work, not least those working with some of our most vulnerable children and young people.
From our conversations with social workers and Children’s Services Departments across the country, we know that many have responded with imaginative and innovative solutions to the challenges posed by COVID-19. These podcasts will share some of the ways people working in children’s social care are responding, to inspire and reassure you.
If you have a topic you would like us to cover, or you would like to get involved and share how you are adapting to these challenges, please get in touch.
- In conversation with Charlotte Ramsden, Strategic Director for People at Salford City Council – 7 May 2020
- Andy Elvin CEO of TACT – Foster Care in the Time of Covid – 15 May 2020
- School Partnerships – Steve Walker Leeds City Council – 20 May 2020
- Children and young People In Care During Covid – Lee Mauve Patron of Become – 29 May 2020
- How Social Work England is responding to COVID-19 – a conversation with Colum Conway, Social Work England – 6 June 2020
- How Stockport’s Children’s Services are responding to COVID-19 – in conversation with Chris McLoughlin – 26 June 2020
- Domestic abuse and COVID-19 – in conversation with Jo Silver, SafeLives – 3 July 2020
- The COVID-19 response in North Yorkshire – with Martin Kelly OBE – 10 July 2020
- Social work during COVID-19 with Richard Devine, a social worker in BANES – 24 July 2020
- Julia Hassall, Rochdale – resilience and Skype discos during lockdown – 31 July 2020
- Relationships and partnerships – Jenny Turnross discusses how Birmingham are responding to COVID-19 – 15 August 2020